Welcome to part of 5 of how to build a model railroad on a budget.
- Rough sketched on the layout where specific buildings will go along with a park. I used a building set that has about 11 or 12 building sets such as a general store and an industry plant
- I have tied the rock quarry ravine into the flat area near the hills
- I also want to make the quarry area look like it has been excavated
- I have also added the streets of the entire town and where vehicles can go back and forth between the rock quarry and the town
- I have added cast rocks near the bottom of the mountain and blend it in with a plaster cloth and paint it on the next video
- I purchased some cloud stencils to add clouds to the sky. Simply using a can of spray paint while turning them frequently can get some natural looking clouds and it only cost $8.00!
- I will be adding a two to three foot backdrop to place the clouds on
Please stay tuned for video 6 of the how to build model railroad on a budget video series.