Two-story building at a public park in Walnut Creek, California, is the headquarters of the ominously named Diablo Valley Lines (DVL), one of the largest model railroads in the United States. Since 1974, the members of the Walnut Creek Model Railroad Society have been working countless hours on their impressive 1900 square foot layout, with about 4300 feet of track laid by hand using 175,000 toothpick-like ties and railroad spikes the size of staples.
Not only is the DVL considered one of the longest continuous tracks in the country, but it’s believed to have the highest elevation of rail, with tracks about 7 feet above the rest of the layout on a mountain that peaks around 15 feet off the ground.
- Beginners Getting Started Guide
- The ONLY Two Things EVERY Model Train Beginner Must Know..!
- DCC Wiring for Beginners
- Choosing the Right Scale with Limited Space
- The ONLY Time Tested Way to Lay Model Railroad Track
- Installing Model Train Buildings and Roads
- Model Train Layout Sharing w/ Grandkids (Open Letter)
- How to Build Model Train Hills & Trees Perfectly Every Time
- Top 3 Costly Model Train Mistakes & How to Avoid Them
- How to Avoid Costly Mistakes When Building Model Railroad Benchwork