Shelf model railroad layouts are best for those looking for space saving model railroad ideas while still building a layout that is enjoyable and fun to build.
A typical shelf model railroad layout tends to utilize the smaller scale sizes such as N scale and HO scale because it provides most value given the limited space requirements. There’s various track plans that can help you choose a shelf model railroad layout that works best for your individual requirements.
If you are looking for a step-by-step tutorial on how to build a model train layout from start to finish including ideas about space saving layouts, multitude of track plans to get started and 7 bonuses on everything from benchwork, wiring to scenery. Take a look.
N Scale Shelf Model Train Layout
HO Scale Train Shelf Layout Plans
Here are Free Resources to Help Build Your Model Railroad
- Top Rated Track Plans for Model Train Beginners
- The ONLY Two Things EVERY Model Train Beginner Must Know..!
- Beginners Getting Started Guide
- 5 Tips to Avoid Derailments, Erratic Stops, and Costly Building Mistakes
- DCC Wiring for Beginners
- Choosing the Right Scale with Limited Space
- The ONLY Time Tested Way to Lay Model Railroad Track
- Installing Model Train Buildings and Roads
- Model Train Layout Sharing w/ Grandkids (Open Letter)
- How to Build Model Train Hills & Trees Perfectly Every Time
- Top 3 Costly Model Train Mistakes & How to Avoid Them
- How to Avoid Costly Mistakes When Building Model Railroad Benchwork