Some consider Northlandz one of the world’s largest model railroads. Others see it as a “toy” railroad and not counting as one of the largest. The most interesting part of this layout is the eight miles of model railroad track that it contains and that it was developed by a single person named Bruce Williams Zaccagnino.
He started this huge construction just out of hobby but for his mythical dedication and hard labor of 16 years it becomes the largest model train track of the world. Here are some photos of this giant rail track along with some stats.
This is Bruce Williams Zaccagnino, the creator of this giant model railroad.
In Northlandz, the New Jersey City is depicted. It can’t be more beautiful than this.
On the 16 miles of track there are about 400 bridges to cross.
Visitors are sure to be amazed by this alpine waterway.
Nothing is missing in the road. There is also a pit mine with 52,000 facility.
Buildings are most integral part of model rail road and this component is not missing in the wonderful rail road. There are over 3,000 such buildings in the giant model.
Without people model train layout seems unrealistic. The presence of lots of people in Northlandz makes it more realistic.
Every year millions of people visit this wonderful railroad and amazed to think that this giant railroad is developed by a single person.
Here’s a list of FREE resources to help you step-by-step when building model railroads
- 5 Tips to Avoid Derailments, Erratic Stops and Costly Building Mistakes
- Beginners Getting Started Guide
- The ONLY Two Things EVERY Model Train Beginner Must Know..!
- DCC Wiring for Beginners
- Choosing the Right Scale with Limited Space
- The ONLY Time Tested Way to Lay Model Railroad Track
- Installing Model Train Buildings and Roads
- Model Train Layout Sharing w/ Grandkids (Open Letter)
- How to Build Model Train Hills & Trees Perfectly Every Time
- Top 3 Costly Model Train Mistakes & How to Avoid Them
- How to Avoid Costly Mistakes When Building Model Railroad Benchwork