Top 5 HO scale train layouts plans for model train beginners and intermediates including the dimensions and area required for the benchwork and easy access to heard to reach spots on the model railroad.
If interested on building your first layout, view this complimentary copy of The Ultimate Guide for Model Train Beginners.
Marklin HO Scale Reverse Loop
|Dimensions:||295cm x 120cm; 116″ x 47″; 9.7′ x 3.9′|
courtesy of https://www.scarm.info/layouts/track_plans.php?ltp=191
HO Scale Tiny Layout
courtesy of http://www.cke1st.com/m_train2.htm
Marklin HO 4×8 Layout
|Dimensions:||274cm x 122cm; 108″ x 48″; 9′ x 4′|
courtesy of https://www.scarm.info/layouts/track_plans.php?ltp=52
4′ x 12′ HO Scale Model Railroad Layout
|Dimensions:||4′ x 12′|
|Area:||6′ x 14′|
courtesy of https://www.jamesmodeltrains.com
Large HO Scale Train Layout Plan
|Dimensions:||5/16″ = 1′-0′, 24″ grid|
|Area:||11 x 22 feet|
We just reviewed a variety of different sized HO scale train layout plans including a Marklin reverse loop, 4′ x 12′ layout and tiny HO scale and large HO scale layout.
Here are Free Resources to Help Build Your Model Railroad
- Top Rated Track Plans for Model Train Beginners
- The ONLY Two Things EVERY Model Train Beginner Must Know..!
- Beginners Getting Started Guide
- 5 Tips to Avoid Derailments, Erratic Stops, and Costly Building Mistakes
- DCC Wiring for Beginners
- Choosing the Right Scale with Limited Space
- The ONLY Time Tested Way to Lay Model Railroad Track
- Installing Model Train Buildings and Roads
- Model Train Layout Sharing w/ Grandkids (Open Letter)
- How to Build Model Train Hills & Trees Perfectly Every Time
- Top 3 Costly Model Train Mistakes & How to Avoid Them
- How to Avoid Costly Mistakes When Building Model Railroad Benchwork