The third largest model railway exhibition in Germany
There are many model railway exhibitions and permanent model train shows in Germany. For example the Miniatur Wunderland at Hamburg (the largest model railway exhibition of the world) or the Loxx model train exhibition at Berlin (the second largest in Germany). In Leer, a city in northern Germany, the third largest model railway exhibition is located. The model train show is about Northern Germany. There are trains, driving cars, the famous ship and vessel transfer on the Ems river, and many other scenes. The exhibition space has got a size of 600 square meters. It’s built in HO scale. However, at the third largest model railway exhibition in Germany there is a special model building philosophy: 90 percent of the exhibition are dedicated to the landscape, while only 10 percent are dedicated to the good, old railway. Of course, only those railroads are built that exist in reality in Northern Germany. Therefore, you can see very few model trains. The focus is on the landscaping, especially on the design of the East Frisian islands.
Here are Free Resources to Help Build Your Model Railroad
- 5 Tips to Avoid Derailments, Erratic Stops and Costly Building Mistakes
- Beginners Getting Started Guide
- The ONLY Two Things EVERY Model Train Beginner Must Know..!
- DCC Wiring for Beginners
- Choosing the Right Scale with Limited Space
- The ONLY Time Tested Way to Lay Model Railroad Track
- Installing Model Train Buildings and Roads
- Model Train Layout Sharing w/ Grandkids (Open Letter)
- How to Build Model Train Hills & Trees Perfectly Every Time
- Top 3 Costly Model Train Mistakes & How to Avoid Them
- How to Avoid Costly Mistakes When Building Model Railroad Benchwork